Untrained dogs can make life stressful for their owners. The dogs often suffer from over arousal problems, have trust issues, and can become aggressive or even dangerous. As a result they are not able to be part of the family or enjoy the beautiful central coast.
Through training you will get a dog that is respectful, confident, and well behaved in any situation. We achieve this level of training by using a proven clear communication system, maxiumizing the dogs motivation, meeting their physical exercise and mental stimulation needs.
As a result the dogs are able to live side by side their owners. Enjoying off leash hiking, visits to the beach, and walks around the park. In addition to enjoying a fulfilled life as a pet well trained dogs can go on to play at dog sports like NoseWork, or Rally Obedience.
With group training, private training, and k9 training camp options there is a program for everyone. All group classes are limited to 6 dogs. These are the smallest sized group classes on the central coast! No other group program will give you so much personal attention. Get your spot today.
News and Updates:
I am very excited to anounce I will be hosting 4 UKC Level 1 NoseWork Trials and 4 Pre Trial Birch tests. May 31st and June 1st two Level one Trials and Pre Trials each day. Cost is $25 an element. Use Promo Code UN1 when signing up for all 4 elements in the same trial to receive a discount. Click here to go to the registration page. Scroll down to Trials Section and make your selections. Payment needs to be received by the the 28th to hold your spot. There is no lottery in this program.There will be no waiting list or day of show entries.
Bellow is some more information about the trial.
- Dogs must be registered with the UKC. If you have not registered with them yet do it today here and write pending on your registration form. When your number comes we will add it. Same goes for people that have submitted but not got a number back yet.
- Reactive dogs. UKC does not require special areas for reactive dogs. The host club however has strict rules about dogs staying apart and safety at all our events. Dogs must be on a 6 foot or shorter leash unless competing. Dogs must be in crates with door closed, in a tall X-pen, or dogs are allowed to be out and “hanging” with their owners on leash and under control. I am going to ask that everyone use common sense when decided what is best for your dog. Both locations should offer enough space for you to stay back if you want more space for your dog. If you have questions about your dogs specific needs please contact me.
- The trial sites are in Nipomo California. There are lots of hotels in the area. Click here for a list.
Pre Trial Test Birch: Pass once then move to level one. 12 boxes in a line one hide.
- If you do not have a Birch ORT this is where you must start in the UKC Program. If you have a Birch ORT you can start at Level One.
- If you sign up for a Pre Trial you may sign up for any level one element in the other trials. However if you do not pass the Pre Trial you will not receive a refund for the level one elements you signed up for and will not be able to compete in those elements. You can try for your Pre Trial again instead.
- Need to have passed the ORT or Pre Trial Birch Test first.
- One hide per element
- Hides under 2 feet for interior and exterior
- Hide will be on the front Bumper of one of the Vehicles
- 12 identical boxes in one line for the Container search
- Registrations are processed on a first come first serve basis. There is not a lottery so get signed up ASAP.
- Each Trial will offer a Vehicles, a Containers, an Interior, and an Exterior search. You may chose as many or as few as you like.
- To obtain your United NoseWork 1 title you must accumilate two passing scores in each element.
- There are two classes. Class A and class B. You will enter eaither class A or B depending on your sisuaiton. The search is the same for each class. Awards are give for the top 4 in the A class and the top 4 in the B class.
- The A class owner must meet ALL of the following requirements: own the dog, not teach NoseWork classes, and does not have a level one title in the NACSW or UKC program.
- If the owner meets any of the following they enter the class B: does not own the dog, teaches NoseWork classes, or has a level one title or higher in the NACSW or UKC Program
Contact me directly with any questions!